…..cr1ck3e, I’m buying a Jeep in November of this year and I see you have two options. 1) Wait for me to buy a jeep, then fold by Christmas out of envy and jealousy and buy one. 2) buy one now and then we can both enjoy the mystical, magical and EPIC experiences of a jeep all summer and also when I get mine……
Hi. I’m rai. The above was a conversation I had with cr1ck3e in the summer of 2009….and so it began. Not then though, Cr1k3e and I are no strangers to jeeps. Cr1ck3e was into them long before the rest of the toj members. He sported 2 CJ’s in highschool. Beautiful, elegant and classic. His CJ’s were the staple of youth American culture, and I ensued. Back in the day, my jeep was a J10 pickup and we had a lot of fun tooling around in the dirt, on the streets and in the MUD!!! A memory not to fade is a little game of “push the CJ into the intersection” we used to play back in our days of less wisdom. It’s a pretty self-explanatory game, and it came down to his CJ had a bigger engine than my J10. Since those days in the previous century, cr1ck3e and I have not revisited the jeep experience.
Ahh yes, the strong memory recall of the exciting days as an adolescence. I wish I could get them back. Wait!! I did!
2009 was a rough year for many and I was no stranger to the downward heel kicks life throws as you’re looking up from the flat of your back. I made the decision in June to buy a Jeep by November 1. I had my powwow with cr1ck3e and SHIZAM!! We both are jeepers again. Cr1ck3e got approval from the “ball and chain” which held a whopping 93.786% decision resolution power. I like to thin
k my positive reinforcement and undying support to buy a jeep as quickly as possible played a role in the process, even though my intentions we’re completely selfish, that being said, cr1ck3e has a good time and is happy with his purchase, therefore I feel no guilt for my reasons encouraging him to buy a jeep. WIN!!!
Mid-October rolled around and I was a little cash-shy of goal to buy a jeep of the certain trail-worthiness I was hoping for. Regardless, I moved forward and found online, what would become my ToYJ. (The One YJ) My Yj. There’s not another one like it in the world. And because it’s mine, I think it’s the coolest jeep in the world. However I am founded in Jeep ethics and recognize and respect beauty, precision, art, personality and all the qualities that come along with owning a jeep. Some would disagree, but I would apply “perfection” to this modern day machine. Fellow Jeep owners, I salute you!
Also, please welcome MCP to the TOJ group. He’s the late bloomer in the group but has satisfied a life long dream and has quite a story to share with you.
Now that you know a little about me, please let me introduce to you ToYJ, and give you a brief history of her life.
1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ SE- Black- 220+K miles (runs beautifully)
Previous Owners- Commuters, no modifications, Garage Kept.
2.5 AMC 150 Motor (4 banger)
5 Speed Manual
2 inch Body lift
32” BFG AT/KO
Pro-Flo Cat-Back system
PROCOMP Rear Bumper
20 Gallon Conversation
Airflow Restriction Setup
KN Filtration (not cold air, that’s perhaps soon)
Oh, and new visors, shocks, lockbox, rearview mirror, top, high-lift, distributor cap, serpentine belt, wheels, and a new front end paint job.
It’s a pleasure to meet you is the normal response from ToyJ, but she’s a bit shy all of a sudden being online and not in the dirt, but don’t worry, she likes you.
Before I close this out here, please let me say thank you for stopping by. This is our fun space to share with the rest of the world our TOJ EXPERIENCE(s). We hope you enjoy. Also, please let me say thank you to those that have had a huge role in how my jeep runs and looks today.
My Brothers:
Cr1ck3e – Sean – MCP – Jordan – Jason - Matt
Thanks boys! See you in the hills!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment