Monday, June 14, 2010

Cargo Netting

by: cr1ck3e

So I’ve been wanting a set of cargo nets for the ass end of my opened up summer love jeep, and I’ve found only a couple places that sell then. The first one, I decided upon last summer, but put it off due to monetary compensation. This year, right before I ordered them, I found another company that made and sold this cargo netting. This company is Dirty Dog 4x4. Their  product looked better, and though it cost more, I dropped the neceddlogo2ssary coin to make the power of purchase. Hilarity ensues.

First off, after a week of backorder, my shipment was set to go. But then it didn’t ship because the bank thought it was a fraudulent charge. So after some time on the phone with Mike @ Dirty Dog, and with my bank, we got it straight and the product was on the wagon to the grand old US of A. That’s right, this product marks the 3rd good thing to come out of Canadia, and that is a super thing!packaging

On to the installation. I received the package and checked it out, upon inspection, its not fragile, so there was no need for packing peanuts or anything.. but the wrapping was nice, it was divided up into two pouches, one held the two side windows, one the back. The directions were also in there. Not that they couldn’t have been figured out, but it was much nicer anyways. Furthermore, the directions were in English, not Engrish. There were pictures.. which were color! It looked more like the people there printed it off their computer fresh and stuffed it into the packaging before it went out.. Inetrightfirstpiecet does not look like something that has been copied a trillion times over. This is a very good thing. 

The directions state to install either window first, and each one is clearly marked with a tag. The installation is simple. velcro strap which is very stout wraside2completeps around the cage, through the clip and down. Simple as hell. The straps hold the clips for the back window to be able to be lifted and secured easily. I should state at this point, I should say a few precautionary things. First off, I had to take my Safari top loose to the front to put these on. This was simple enough. Also, I had to take my deck cover loose as well. Also easy as pie. Finally, I had to take the shovenetupclosebackl off.

Then the third and last piece. It snaps in place to the side windows, and then at the top between the speakers on your roll cage, if you have a TJ at least, its just like the side windows. Same velcro, yet sturdy straps to hold it in place. A couple go around the top center bar of your cage, which was the reason I had to take netupcloseloose the Safari top all the way to the windshield. Once everything seemed in place, the tightening began. This too was an easy process, just had to remember to tighten each side evenly so the straps didn’t look too funky.  

Following the tightening, the installation was complete. It was really rather easy, and netonleftI’ve now spent a week with them on. I’m as happy with them now as I was the day they came in. Now for the downsides. If you run a set up like mine, you’ll run into these issues. The Netting sits a little lower then the ass end of the netonrightbackdeck cover.. this makes the boot that goes around the cage a little scrunched up, but I don’t think it looks too different that way. The Safari top still fits on the exact same way, so no troubles there. All in all, a great prodnetonrightuct, worth the cost of the thing. Looks fantastic. And customer service from Mike at Dirty Dog was a pretty chill guy, who knew how to keep good contact with his customers. A pleasure doing business with  this company, I would highly recommend them for any Jeep owner.  This is a great product, and I’ve even tested it to the full extent of its usefulness and stuck my dogs in the back seat  a couple days ago. Worked like a champ. 

I then drove it about for a little bit, no any real extra noise to deal with.. just fantastic. I can’t tell you enough how pleased I am for shovelremountthis product, it does not seem over priced or uncool.   If you’re thinking: Maybe I’ll do that… hear the voice of cr1ck3e reason, and listen. The final step was to remount the shovel and I suddenly found myself complete. All in all, took 30 minutes to an hour to complete. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment